I originally posted this on a blog I had started a few years ago. I thought I would share a few posts from there, to get things going on this site.
Thoughts running around my head after a couple of days in my daughter’s soon-to-be college home.
Moments to Treasure
- Independence in Your Teenager. As frustrating as it can be when you are within the same walls, it is this same independence that will provide you comfort that they will be able to handle themselves when you are not around.
- Future Activities. You discover an Escape Room. Your teen immediately begins to formulate a trip there with her future dorm friends. By the time you leave town, three new friends have said, “I’m in.”
- When your child says, “Yay, a fair trade shop.“
- Enjoying the trip home with your teenager who will be staying behind next time you make this trip.
- The Time between now and move-in day: a turtle’s pace for your teenager and at the speed of light for you.