88: The Conscious Effective Olympian Toolbox
Hello, my ah-mazing empty nest friend,
Imagine that you ask someone to work on a broken item in your home. They walk up to your home – no vehicle of any sort – and have only the clothes on their body with them. You assume that they’ll come back later with resources to help them finish the job, but upon completing your explanation, they say, “Great! It will cost this much, and I can start now.”
You are a bit curious about how this will play out, so you hire them.
They interrupt you constantly, although quite politely, “By any chance do you have a phillips head screwdriver?” and such. Some items you have, and some you don’t. The “expert” hunts through your drawers (no, they didn’t ask) to find a dull kitchen knife to use.
You don’t allow this to last long. You can only take 30-minutes of it. Although, it felt like three hours 😣 – before you send them on their way.
Who wouldn’t bring the tools they need?
My friend, so many of us do this every single day in our lives. I introduce you to the idea of your life’s toolbox in this episode.
These tools that Self-help Sally uses are more like band-aids for her than cures. So, that toolbox that I want you to consider is in your life, that I’m asking you to picture this week as you go forward, I want you to ask yourself if you have one at all?
If you do, what are your go-to coping mechanisms when life gets tough?
In what ways are you like Self-help Sally?
Take a listen or read the full transcript below. ⇓⇓⇓ More goodies below, too! Scroll down ⇓, so you don’t miss anything! ⇓⇓⇓
|Want to subscribe to this podcast? Great news – it is free!|
|> Click here, and then choose your favorite podcast app – be sure to hit subscribe or follow, once you choose your favorite!|
|Let me know if you have any additional questions – as I am always happy to explain how podcasts work!|
This Episode is Brought To You By
- The GPS Support Flock, Your Flight to Success in the Empty Nest
- Free Download: How to Find Yourself in the Empty Nest Resource, Today!
What You Will Learn in this Episode
- To Consider a Toolbox for Your Life
- The Value in Stocking Your Toolbox Well
- Meet Self-Help Sally
- To Consider in What Ways You are Like Self-Help Sally
Episode Questions for You To Consider
- Can you picture your toolbox?
- What are your go-to life coping tools that you currently use?
💚 Send audio feedback to Coach Christine now: https://www.speakpipe.com/EmptyNestCoach or call/text to 920-LIFEWIN (920-543-3946).
First Time Here? Try This Order of Episodes
- The Your Empty Nest Coach Podcast Trailer
- Series 1: Empty Nest Prep – starts at episode #3
- Series 2: The CEO of Your Life – starts at episode #64
- Series 3: The CEO Toolbox – starts at episode #88
- Midlife-A-Go-Go Episode: Midlife Women Surviving and Flourishing [in] the Empty Nest with Coach Christine
- Listen to my Excitement on Purchasing an Axe in my Empty Nest Retreat Episode
- CEO of Your LIfe: When Others Toss Things Over Your Fence
- Becoming the CEO of Your Life, Part 1 of 5: Meet Your Protector
- Episode #17: Green Popsicle Sticks & Community
Christine: You are listening to the Your Empty Nest Coach podcast with Coach Christine, episode number 88: The Conscious Effective Olympian Toolbox. … How is the training of your Protector going during all of this? Over the next few weeks, we are going to discuss tools and resources that you should have in your Conscious Effective Olympian, or CEO, toolbox. Today, I want to introduce the toolbox to you.
You are preparing for the empty nest ahead as your child(ren) prepares, heads off to, and experiences college.