So, I wonder if this episode is the one that gets my listeners worked up. These are thoughts that we don’t hear often, so I’m putting them out there. If you aren’t a fan of my approach – it is all good, differences are what makes this world interesting.
However, if you can barely stand to listen to my take on grades, I challenge you to take a look at your thoughts and be curious as to the why. Ask yourself, “Who would I be in the world, if for a moment, I tried on these new thoughts and could find myself in a space where I believe them?”
Let me know where you are and let’s chat about it. If you are happy with who you show up in the world as with your thoughts on this topic, then you are all good!
|How to Subscribe & Review|
What You Will Learn in this Episode:
- To question what you are making a GPA/grades mean
- To challenge your thinking about the 4.0
- To think about who gets to walk across the stage at graduation
- To question what you make grades mean in your life
Episode Questions for You To Consider
- How much does your child’s grade change your mood?
- How were your grades in school?
- This and every episode is brought to you by my Free Program: The Empty Nest: A Guide to Uncovering My Future
- Get yourself on my coaching waitlist!
- Share your life wins with me via my contact form, email (christine at youremptynestcoach.com ) or audio message
- Join the Green Popsicle Sticks on FB!
All College Topic Podcast Episodes:
- My Child’s College Major – I don’t love it!
- Top advice from Ursinus College’s Admission and Financial Aid Counselors
- I picked my college – now what? A checklist for you!
- How to handle your child leaving home (for college and other life events)
- Extracurriculars with Guest: AdmissionsMom
- The Scholarship Shark podcast: A Conversation with College Moms
- With my Child Heading to College, Are the thoughts I am having normal?
Christine: You are listening to the Your Empty Nest Coach podcast, with Coach Christine, episode number 27: What Are You Making Grades Mean? … Let’s talk about GPAs. You know, grade point averages. Sometimes parents like to share their child’s GPA, almost as if it’s a badge of honor, like it means something of significant importance. Let’s be real. A GPA is a number. That is it. It means whatever you make it mean, at that moment at time.
You are preparing for the empty nest ahead as your child(ren) prepares, heads off to, and experiences college.